EDIT3: CVJC1 finished; you can read the transcript here.
EDIT2: I have still no response from the author, yet I think it should go as planned: 12/17/2010, 16:00UTC, we will discuss text mining in general basing on the article proposed by @onestop:
and possibly also text mining tools in R, after the paper proposed by @chl:
If you want to come, please register to the event here.
(This is not obligatory or necessary to participate, but you'll get an e-mail notification)
Based on the discussion on the chat yesterday (thanks for chl, csgillespie, Gavin Simpson and Shane), the initial idea for this clarified. So the CVJC:
- will be held monthly probably Fridays, maybe 16:00UTC (this may be changing so that each major time zone will have equal chance to be in a comfortable time)
- the discussed article(s)
- will be picked on a meta thread like this before the chat event
- must be OpenAccess or preprints/reprints, so everyone could read them
- we (mods) will try to contact the authors and invite them to join the discussion (their acceptance will be a required constrain to use a preprint)
- may also appear in a form of R package promotion event when package author shows a guided demo of its capabilities (this needs some further refinement of technical details)
So please, propose the articles as answers to this question. In a first approximation the first CVJC is scheduled for 16:00UTC 17.12.2010.
EDIT: To settle timetable, let's say the deadline for paper suggestions is 23:59UTC 14.12.2010.